One thing that the Switch is still lacking is a high-grade arcade stick controller. 8BitDo has just announced that they’re releasing a wireless arcade stick for the Switch coming in October. Excellent!
The 8BitDo Arcade Stick sports 8 bright red buttons and a durable black stick in a retro arcade layout. The unit looks like something out of the NES or SNES era of gaming. There are also buttons for the Nintendo Switch home and screenshot functionalities.
This arcade stick can connect wirelessly over Bluetooth 2.4 or wired via a USB-C cable. For your Switch it simply auto-connects, so no need to play around with dongles. Next to the Nintendo Switch you can also use this 8BitDo Arcade Stick on your Windows PC for Steam gaming.
- Dynamic button layout
- Button swap function
- Ultimate Software
- Control stick switch
- Turbo functionality
- 2 dedicated macro buttons (P1/P2)
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch and Steam (Windows)
- 1000 mAh rechargeable battery
If the standard button layout isn’t enough, the 8BitDo Ultimate Software allows you to build your own controller layout mappings and quick-switch between 2 favorite layouts with the dedicated P1 and P2 buttons on the unit.
For the real arcade enthusiasts you can easily open up the 8BitDo Arcade Stick and replace the joystick or arcade buttons with any other professional arcade
Where can I buy the 8BitDo Arcade Stick?
So, are you ready to take on the world-record Cuphead speedrun with this new arcade stick?
The 8BitDo Nintendo Switch Arcade Stick will release on 20 October 2020 and can be pre-ordered on Amazon via the link below.
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch, Windows.
- Supports ultimate software - customize button mapping and create macros
- Ultra-moddable arcade stick - Universal mounting plate supports Sanwa, seimitsu, happ & il arcade sticks
- Dynamic button layout - button mapping changes with mode functionally and visually
- Wireless bluetooth, 2.4G/ included wireless 2.4G receiver & wired support with included usb-c cable