There’s a lot of things your Apple Airpods can do. Tracking health isn’t one of them though, unfortunately. The latest Amazfit PowerBuds Pro might be a good alternative if you’d like to track your health while working out or sitting in the office. Shaped similarly as Apple’s earbuds, you’ll get a boatload of features with these headphones. Next to being waterproof for the gym and noise cancelling, these buds are also able to monitor your heartrate and posture.
Why do I need the Amazfit PowerBuds Pro?
For about the same price as Apple’s Airpods the PowerBuds Pro sport a similar look and feel. You’ll get a bass-heavy sound signature and solid noise cancellation which works out well when you’re running.
The PowerBuds Pro are fitness-oriented headphones and probably the only of their kind monitoring your heart rate while exercising (goodbye Apple Watch!). Do note that since these earphones do not contain over-the-ear loops they might come out of your ears when doing high intensity training.
The buds also monitor your posture to detect that you’re slouching or sitting still for too long. It’s a great tool to get up out that office chair and do some stretching exercises. Additionally, volume analysis ensures that you’re not listening to ear-drum-damaging volumes for a long period of time.
Most of the features work in pair with the dedicated Zepp app, which is able to send you notifications when you need to correct your posture, but also able to synch your heart rate with apps such as Runkeeper. And when you’re not fond of the Powerbuds Pro’s sound signature some eq-ing can emphasize the music to your preference.
A single charge supposedly lasts 30 hours on the Powerbuds Pro (without noise cancellation) and you can recharge them in their case via USB-C.
Finally, you’ll find most of the bells and whistles from flagship in-ear phones on the PowerBuds Pro, such as touch control, thru mode (so important events/conversations can cut through your noise cancellation) and in-ear detection. Check out the full feature list below.
- Exercise Heart Rate Monitoring
- Cervical Spine Posture Reminders
- IP55 dust- and water-resistance rating
- Smart Hearing Protection
- Active Noise Cancellation up to 40dB
- 3-mic Call Noise-reduction
- Ambient Sound Thru mode
- Up to 30h battery life
- Sports Data Tracking
- Running Recognition
Where can I buy the Amazfit PowerBuds Pro?
The PowerBuds Pro come with 4 differently sized silicone tips for the best fit, a charging cable and the charging case. You can order a pair of PowerBuds Pro on Amazon via the link below.
- Masterful Sound Quality -- The exclusive customized independent acoustic module, new LCP liquid crystal diaphragm and dome pattern design of the Amazfit PowerBuds Pro bluetooth earbuds provide deeper bass, calmer midrange and clearer treble for superior sound quality. You can adjust music equalizer settings to suit 10 music styles, or even customize them to enjoy songs to their fullest.
- Powerful Active Noise Cancellation up to 40dB -- The Amazfit PowerBuds Pro sports earphones provide active noise cancellation of up to 40dB, with hybrid digital adaptive noise-reduction and passive sound insulation technology. Simply long-press the side button and the world quietens in an instant. It has 4 noise cancellation modes - Indoor, Travel, Sports and Adaptive – cover most aspects of daily life, from watching movies and gaming, to playing sports or riding the bus.