Sometimes you just need to shell out a good amount of money for a portable speaker so that you don’t have to buy a new one every other year. The new Beosound Level speaker from Bang & Olufsen has been designed with longevity in mind. The modular components allow you to change and repair the unit easily over a longer time. In B&O tradition, this is a sleek, minimalist wifi speaker that has the power to fill your room with glorious audio, no matter how you position it. The compact form and long battery life allows you to take it anywhere you go.
Why do I need this?
Bang & Olufsen has gone out of its way to make their new Beosound Level last a long time. The product has been certified by Cradle 2 Cradle, a nonprofit institute that sets the standard for environmentally friendly, responsibly made products.
From the front cover to the battery, you’re able to easily swap or repair the Level’s components. Additionally, B&O has ensured there’s overhead in the internal processor and streaming software so that it can adjust to future, technological developments.
There’s no worry about sound, this speaker packs a great sound signature and adapts to the way you have it positioned. If you lay it flat on its back, it creates a wider ranger for everyone to still enjoy the sound. You can also mount the Level on a wall or get an additional unit to create a stereo pair.
The Beosound Level connects seamlessly to Airplay and Chromecast and also pairs up with other speakers from B&O’s ‘Beo’ range. The speaker controls are nicely integrated into the aluminium frame and light up on the touch.
An integrated handle and comfortable battery life allows you to take the Beosound Level out and about as well, but don’t expect it to be rugged in the wilderness.
- Active Room Compensation
- Adaptive Bass
- Position-depended sound staging
- Thermal Protection
- Dust and Splash Protection (IP54)
- Battery life: 16 hours
- Weight: 3.3 kg
- Adjustable EQ via B&O app
Where can I get the Beosound Level speaker?
The Beosound Level can be bought on the official B&O website or on Amazon via the link below. It’s available in Light Oak or Dark Grey.
1 used from $1,228.02
- Spine-tingling sound: The clarity, bass and high-res audio your favourite artists deserve. Tuned to perfection by Bang & Olufsen sound engineers.
- Effortless Wi-Fi: Designed with a focus on connection, Beosound Level can be controlled by your favourite devices, all on your home network.
- At home anywhere: Set Beosound Level down with confidence. This portable speaker adjusts its audio profile depending on where it’s placed, for sound that makes the most of any space.