Kirby Otamatone Synth Toy
The most Japanese of all musical instruments has now turned even more Japanese. Cube-Works has released an official Kirby edition of the quirky Otamatone synthesizer.
What is an Otamatone?
In case you’re wondering what an Otamatone is, this is a musical note shaped synthesizer toy. There’s a black strip on the note’s body that you can press for producing a sound. Gliding your finger across the strip will have the sound glide between high and low notes. Squeezing the Otamatone’s mouth while pressing on the strip will create a fun wah-wah effect.
The Kirby Otamatone was once considered an april fool’s gag, but demand apparently got so high for a real one Cube-Works just went out and created it.
Kirby Otamatone Features
- Takes 3X AAA Batteries
- Toggle loudness of sound
- Toggle between low, mid and high octave ranges
- ~27 cm in length
Pricing and Availability
The Kirby Otamatone is a great musical toy for ages 6 and up. If the sound annoys you after hearing it for 12 hours straight while your kid is playing with it, rest assured that you can control its volume level.
You can buy it from Amazon via the link below.
- BEST SELLER - One of Japan’s Best-Selling Musical Instrument Portable Synthesizer Toys!
- FUN & EASY TO PLAY - Slide Your Fingers Along The Stem to Vary The Pitch and Squeeze The Cheeks for Vibrato
- CREATE YOUR OWN SOUND - Play in a low, medium, or high pitch - get together with friends and create a harmony!
- GREAT FOR ALL AGES - Kids, teens, and adults all love the Otamatone! Whether you’re brand new to music or an expert musician, the Otamatone offers a fun, silly new way to make music!