I sometimes wished I could use my wireless cans as a headset for gaming. Instead of buying separate headphones with a headset, just for gaming, V-Moda has now created something genius that allows you to upgrade your existing headphones with a headset attachment, called the BoomPro X. This way, you’ll get great sound as well as a high-grade voice input whenever you need it!
Why do I need this?
Most of the wireless headphones have a detachable 3.5mm plug to wire them up to a sound source, in case your battery runs out or you’re preferring to hear your music in higher fidelity. Now, if you want to game and join a voice chat with your friends or need to join a Zoom meeting, you can decide wire up the new BoomPro X. It plugs conveniently into your headphones’ input .
The BoomPro X features a cardioid unidirectional mic that’s designed to only pick up sound coming from wherever it’s pointed. This way, you don’t get annoying environmental noises included such as barking dogs or your fans. While certainly no Shure quality for podcasting, the BoomPro X is clear enough that it will beat your standard laptop mic or stock Apple headset for gaming and video meetings.
On the cable itself you’ll get controls for volume and a mute button, which is always fun to figure out once people tell you you’re muted.
For the fans of customization, which V-Moda is known for, the BoomPro X includes small mic covers in different colors for you to match your interior. Also included is a Y-cable and an extension cable in case the default 1 metre length isn’t sufficient for your setup.
- 3.5mm plug to attach to your wireless headphones
- Unidirectional microphone
- Volume slider
- Mute button
- Includes 5 mic covers, Y cable and extension cable
- Mic sensitivity: -58 ±3db
- Signal to Noise ratio: 58dB
Where can I buy the V-Moda BoomPro X?
The BoomPro X is available on the official V-Moda web store, or on Amazon via the link below.
- Essential for in-game communication, the BoomPro X is compatible with a number of gaming consoles including Sony Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac and PC
- Compatible with all smartphones, tablets, PCs, notebooks and gaming consoles via 3.5mm 1/8" plug and headphones with a 3.5mm 1/8" cable input
- Compatible with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts and other remote team collaboration softwares