Nintendo has launched yet another way to play the classic Super Mario Bros game. To celebrate the 35th anniversary of Super Mario, Nintendo is launching a full-color version of the Super Mario All Starts NES classic on a brand new Game & Watch device.
The upcoming Game & Watch version hits eighties fans with a double dose of nostalgia. The overly simple Game & Watch game systems were a pretty good alternative if your parents couldn’t afford a Nintendo Game Boy. These handheld gaming devices supported a basic (single screen) game.
The Super Mario Bros Game & Watch system allows you to play the classic Super Mario Bros game, including the challenging The Lost Levels. Next to these, there’s also a classic Game & Watch game included (Ball). When your Game & Watch is on standby there’s a nifty clock function in true Super Mario Bros style.
The device itself has a traditional NES layout with a 4-direction, ‘B’ and ‘A’ button. You can play 8 hours on a single charge of the internal battery.
Where can I get the Game & Watch Super Mario Bros.?
This limited edition Game & Watch system is launched on 13 November with select retailers worldwide. Pre-order yours on Amazon via the link below.
6 used from $41.99
- Get your hands on a new piece of Super Mario history with a collectible Game & Watch system
- Play the whole Super Mario Bros. Game and save the Mushroom Kingdom
- Challenge yourself by taking on Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
- Watch out for Super Mario inspired surprises as time changes in the included digital clock
- Juggle Super Mario Bros. Style in a Mario version of Game & Watch: Ball