Look. At. This. Little. Thing.
This right here is an instant buy for almost all the eighties kids. Nintendo might be taking a risk with their upcoming Switch console in 2017, but with the reissue of their classic console in pocket format they’ve struck gold.
It’s the Nintendo Entertainment System built for 2016
- It’s very small and portable
- It has an HDMI port
- It runs off of USB power
- Controllers connect through USB
- Extra controllers for your friends cost nothing
- It comes with 30(!) games built-in
Those 30 games that come with it?
|Double Dragon II: The Revenge[a]||1989[b]||Arc System Works[c]|
|Ghosts ‘n Goblins||1986[b]||Capcom|
|Mega Man 2||1989||Capcom|
|Ninja Gaiden||1988||Koei Tecmo|
|Super Mario Bros.||1985||Nintendo|
|Super Mario Bros. 2[d]||1988||Nintendo|
|Super Mario Bros. 3||1988||Nintendo|
|The Legend of Zelda||1986||Nintendo|
|Zelda II: The Adventure of Link||1987||Nintendo|
Sure, you’ll miss the nostalgia of blowing dust off of the cartridges to get your games working, but this is like a little time capsule carrying all those days you spend trying to beat these near-impossible games.
If I’d have to name one downside it’s the short cables on the controller. I don’t want to sit 1 inch away from my TV Nintendo!
Check out this price:
4 used from $85.14
- Save your game with Suspend Points - Pick up right where you left off with four Suspend Point slots for each game. Just press the Reset button while playing to return to the HOME menu and save your progress to a slot.
- 30 8-bit games included
- Choose your look with Display Modes: CTR Filter (Looks like an old TV, scan lines); 4:3 (Gives you original NES game look, with a slight horizontal stretch); Pixel Perfect (Each pixel is a perfect square, so you see the games exactly as designed)