Amazon is joining the booming health gadget market by launching a welness tracker of their own, the Amazon Halo. It’s set to compete with Fitbit and Apple Watch.
The Halo is a low profile wristband that can track your body weight and composition and helps you improve your sleep quality and overall lifestyle.
Amazon Halo Features
One cool feature on the Amazon Halo that we haven’t seen on any other health tracker is a tone of voice scanner. Whenever you’re talking the Halo scans your tone of voice and can gauge if you’re in a happy, sad or angry mood, when talking to someone.
Furthermore, the device can measure your bodyweight with help of your smartphone camera and can help you take on one of many small exercises that will improve your overall health.
- Membership includes body composition, tone of voice analysis, sleep & activity tracking, and more — free for 6 months. Auto-renews at $3.99/month + tax. Contact Customer Service to cancel.
- Screen-free for fewer distractions.
- Body Composition – Measure body fat percentage, a better indicator of health than weight or BMI alone.
- Activity – Track the intensity & duration of your movement plus sedentary time.
- Sleep – Analyze patterns like how often you wake up during the night.
- Labs – Science-backed experiments and challenges from experts like the Mayo Clinic, SWEAT, and Headspace.
- Tone – Analyze qualities of your voice like energy and positivity to help strengthen communication.
Where can I buy the Amazon Halo?
You can order the Amazon Halo health band on the Amazon Early Access program, which means you will be contacted when the band is available for you. The band comes in three different colors: rose gold, black and winter.
You need a subscription to the Amazon Halo app to experience all the features, which sets you back about 4 dollars per month after a 6-month trial period.