Essential PH-1 – a Minimalist Smartphone by the Founder of Android
It’s hard to find a pure Android experience nowadays. The Essential PH-1 phone is a flagship phone that has that minimalist design and features and can go heads-on with some of the top smartphone brands.
What is the Essential Phone?
The Essential PH-1 phone is a new smartphone brand made by the co-founder of Android Andy Rubin. You’ll find the most vanilla version of Android installed on it. The PH-1 is one elegantly crafted smart device, With an edge-to-edge gorilla glass screen and its body made of titanium and ceramic this phone can take a hit or occasional drop to the floor without any damage.
You’ll get a comfortable 128GB of storage space and a top-notch front and rear camera. Accessories snap to the phone with a magnet. One such example is the 360 degree camera which comes for free with your purchase. With this you can shoot some pretty decent 360 videos which no other smartphone offers currently.
Essential Phone Features
- Titanium body
- Ceramic back
- Gorilla glass screen
- 4GB RAM
- 128 GB storage space
- 13MP rear camera, 8MP front camera
- Fingerprint reader
- Includes 360 degree camera (accessory)
- Includes free earphones
- Includes carrying case
Where can I get the Essential Phone?
The Essential Phone is out for about a year now. While initially the launch wasn’t a real success, the price drop (you can get it for below 500 USD now) makes it one of the best minimalist Android phones available. It’s perfect for when you can’t afford an expensive Samsung or Apple phone.
You can get the Essential PH-1 on essential.com or Amazon.
13 used from $121.16
- The Essential Phone is expertly crafted using titanium and ceramic, with an edge-to-edge Full Display and uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Edge-to-edge Full Display - With the stunning edge-to-edge Full Display on the Essential Phone there's finally a large-screen device that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand; Water and Dust Resistant
- The world's thinnest dual camera system - The camera system consists of color and monochrome sensors to capture up to 200% more light than traditional phone cameras. This results in stunning images that are rich in color and detail, even in low light
Do you like minimalism? Check our selection of the greatest minimalist phones