If you care about the environment, but you don’t want to give up everything that modern technology has given us, the all new Fairphone 3+ is a good investment when buying a smartphone.
The Amsterdam-based Fairphone makers care about sustainability and not contributing to electronic waste. Most of the new Fairphone 3+ components are upgradable and replaceable, so you don’t have to throw away your phone in 2 years because a new model has launched (cough, cough..Apple..Samsung).
Why the Fairphone 3+ is fair for the environment
The biggest reason people upgrade their iPhone or Samsung phones is the camera upgrades new versions introduce. The Fairphone allows you to upgrade your existing model (say Fairphone 2) with just an upgraded camera. This means your old model won’t turn obsolete for just a tiny camera upgrade.
The new Fairphone 3+ is also made of around 40% post-consumer recycled plastics, decreasing the environment footprint compared to other manufacturers.
Finally, the Fairphones are built with upgrades and component replacements in mind. This is not a glued, closed phone where you have the risk of damaging the internals as soon as your faulty battery gives out. The Fairphone allows for easy component replacements and upgrades and is built with this modularity in mind. It scores 10 out of 10 on iFixit for having a repairable design.
Fairphone 3+ Features
- Designed to last
- World-leading modular and repairable design
- Fairly sourced & recycled materials
- Made with up to 40% recycled plastics
- 48MP and 16MP cameras: optimized performance delivering great image quality
- 5.65 inch Full HD+ display: sturdy, scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass 5 screen
- Socially responsible
- Living wage bonus for factory workers
- Full-day battery life: 3,040mAh capacity and replaceable
- OS: Android 10
- 64GB internal storage, supports microSD-cards
- Dual nano-SIM
- USB-C connector
Where can I buy the Fairphone 3+?
The Fairphone 3+ and its spare parts can be preordered on the official website via the link below.
When you’re outside of Europe you can try the link below to buy the International Edition on Amazon
- For USA Buyers: This Smartphone is not compatible/will not work with any CDMA Networks including: VERIZON, SPRINT, US CELLULAR. Please check with your network provider for 3G or 4G/LTE compatibility check before you purchase.
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) Network Compatibility: [2G : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, 3G : HSDPA 800(B6) / 850(B5) / 900(B8) / 1700|2100(B4) / 1900(B2) / 2100(B1), 4G : LTE 700(B13) / 700(B28) / 800(B20) / 850(B5) / 850(B26) / 900(B8) / 1700|2100(B4) / 1800(B3) / 1900(B2) / 2100(B1) / 2600(B7)]