As an iPhone owner I’m never using my phone’s alarm clock, as it’s just too stressful waking up to that awful alarm sound. For a dedicated, digital alarm clock, the Gingko Flip Click clock not only looks great and minimalist, but it has some handy functionality that make it a solid choice over your smartphone.
What is the Gingko Flip?
Designed in England and crafted from natural, recycled wood, you’d first think this is an ordinary block of wood, with its minimalist appearance.
By default, the digital display only lights on if there’s a noise in the room, so you can snap your fingers or clap to read the current time. If you don’t want that, you can also configure it to always show the current time.
The laser-engraved buttons respond lightly to the touch, to allow you to configure the 12- or 24-hour display.
One of its coolest features is the ability to turn the alarm on and off by flipping the Gingko upside-down (made popular by the Lexon clocks). The digits will also flip accordingly. Whenever the clock is facing upwards, the alarm is turned on. When the Gingko logo is facing upwards, the alarm is turned off.
- Flip over the clock to turn on or turn off the alarm, numbers automatically correct
- Long battery life; up to 6 months per charge
- Powered by in-built 2000 mAh rechargeable battery with USB charging cable included or DC5V plug adapter (not included)
- Charging time: 3-4 hours
- 12 or 24 hours display
- Made of natural recycled wood
- Touch control buttons
- Alarm clock in sound activated or permanent display
- Designed in Warwick, England 2019
Where can I buy the Flip Click clock from Gingko?
You can buy this clock in various colors on its official website (if you’re from the UK), or from Amazon, via the link below.
Gingko Flip Click Clock LED Alarm Clock Sound Activated with New Flip Technology, Rechargeable with Laser Engraved Touch Controls in...
- Display Is Visible By Sound Activation Or Permanent Display Mode
- Laser Engraved Touch Control Top Which Lights Up To Show You Whether The Alarm Is On Or Not
- When The Alarm Goes Off, Gently ‘Stroke’ Any Of The Engraved Buttons On The Top To Snooze And To Turn Off The Alarm Or You Can Easily Flip It Over And The Numbers Will Be Magically Corrected To A Normal Display As Well As Turning The Alarm Off