The Nighthawk M1 is the solution for whenever you need a 4G powered Wifi hotspot around. Being home at more, I’ve found that the quality of my internet connection really matters. Whether my kids are all streaming at once or we need to do video calls for work, sometimes the home connection just doesn’t cut it. Instead of using your phone as a hotspot to tap into some 4G, there’s a dedicated solution that does the job far better and is more convenient. This Nighthawk M1 router does a fine job if your own broadband connection isn’t available or up to speed.
What is the Nighthawk M1 4G Router?
The Netgear Nighthawk M1 is a small box with a screen that accepts any 4G-enabled simcard from your smartphone carrier. You can purchase a dedicated sim card (it should accept all carriers), put it in the Nighthawk router and share the internet connection with up to 20 devices in your household.
The M1 4G LTE router is able to produce speeds up to 1Gbps making the connection sufficient enough for you to browse the internet, game online or stream video on Netflix.
Since the device is battery powered, you don’t need an outlet to enjoy the mobile connection. What’s more is that you can charge additional USB devices from its batteries, so it doubles as a powerbank in case of needing some juice.
The onboard LCD screen on the Nighthawk allows you to check the connection details and also check how much data has been consumed, which is ideal if you have a fixed amount of GB’s on your carrier’s plan.
Next to the wireless connection, you can also plug in an ethernet cable to wire up a device for stable speeds.
- Download speeds up to 1 Gbps
- Upload speeds up to 150 Mbps
- Support for 4GX LTE Advanced Category 16 with 4-band carrier aggregation.
- Supports up to 20 connected devices
- Stream media from a USB or external hard drive
- Accepts al sim cards. Works best on AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
- Offload to WiFi or Ethernet
Who is the Netgear Nighthawk M1 for?
The Nighthawk M1 is an ideal solution when you’re travelling and you’re not comfortable connecting to (semi-)public Wifi’s such as in hotels or restaurants. If your 4G reception is good, but the Wifi is questionable (or not available) the Nighthawk M1 router jumps to the rescue.
We’d recommend this product for the following situations
- you live in a rural area without a broadband provider
- you’re travelling and want a more secure and faster network than the hotel wifi
- you need a backup internet connection at home whenever your broadband drops out
- you’re spending time time outside with your colleagues or family and need to connect to the internet
Where can I buy the Netgear Nighthawk M1 router?
This Gigabit LTE Mobile router is available on Amazon, via the link below. Requires a sim-card with a mobile 4G plan (not included).
3 used from $139.99
- Always-on connection you can count on and share with up to 20 WiFi devices on-the-go.
- Business and Travel-ready. Keep all your devices connected seamlessly when traveling between destinations, domestically or abroad. Upon arrival, use WiFi/Ethernet offloading to move seamlessly between locations.
- Enterprise Ready & Secure. Manage and control access with password protected WiFi and guest access.
- Powerful, long-lasting battery for all day continued use. Simple, intuitive NETGEAR app-driven user experience to monitor data usage, manage device and network settings