There’s a growing amount of phones that slim down the distracting experience of using a smartphone. You can buy a separate dumb phone to take on holiday or have a companion to your smartphone that does only the most minimal. The Palm phone is such an example. It’s a second phone you take out when you don’t need all the distraction a full-fledged smartphone gives you.
What is the Palm phone?
Palm, the classic mobile device manufacturer (remember the PalmPilot?) is trying to reinvent itself with a creditcard-sized smartphone companion.
The Palm phone is a fully independent Android phone you can synch with your regular iOS or Android smartphone. Use it when you want to take something out that’s durable, yet stylish. Something with slimmed down features but still very capable.
The Palm phone has a front- and rear cameras and is water resistant.
The minimalism comes in the form of a ‘Life mode’, a feature that shuts off any notification or alert as soon as your screen shuts off. You’ll only be bothered when you want to. Furthermore the Android OS has some smart access shortcuts to your favorite apps to add to the small form factor. Note that by design you probably don’t want to download and use every app that you use on your normal phone.
Palm Phone Features
- Calling: Yes
- Texting: Yes
- Internet: Yes
- Camera: Yes (12MP rear, 8MP front)
- Network: 4G LTE
- Battery Life: 3 days standby, 3 hours and 20 minutes talk time
- Sim-card: Built-in Verizon, shares the same phone number as your main phone
- Memory (storage): 16GB
Where can I get the Palm phone?
(Update) Where the Palm Phone used to be a Verizon exclusive phone, you can now get it on Amazon via the link below:
1 used from $444.00
- UNLOCKED SMARTPHONE: The U.S. carrier unlocked Palm works with Verizon or any subsidiary networks of Verizon network. The U.S. Unlocked Palm is not compatible with the AT&T network, the Sprint Network, or T-Mobile or any subsidiary networks of either AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile using the same cellular bands and frequencies. *SIM card not included.
- COMPACT & LIGHT: Literally fits in the palm of your hand and weighs just 2.2 oz. Unlike a smartwatch, it’s truly made for minimalist and outdoor lifestyles.