Putting some LED light panels up on your wall allows you to be more flexible with changing your room’s ambiance. It certainly beats a yellow light bulb. With their smart features you can change the Nanoleaf LED colors with your phone or by touching them. The Nanoleaf panels can also respond to music playing in your room or reflect the colors that are shown on your television screen.
Nanoleaf Light Features
The Nanoleaf color changing light panels are one of the market leading wall panels. Attaching them to your wall is easy with the included mounting tape. You can combine the individual triangular or square panels in any setup that suits your room.
The Nanoleaf app provides you free control over any individual panel or you can set up pre-configured color combinations that suit your mood or room ambiance.
- 16M+ colors
- 1200K-6500K light temperature range
- Attach to a wall surface with mounting tape
- Set up touch actions so the panels respond to your touch
- Rhythm Module responds to music and changes color to the beat
- Screen Mirror functionality mimics the colors shown on a monitor or tv screen
- LayoutDetect for smooth animation across your panels
What’s In the Nanoleaf Canvas Kit Box?
- 8x Light Squares
- 1x Control Square (works as a light square)
- 1x Power Supply Unit
- 9x Linkers
- 27x Mounting Tapes
- 1x Quick Start Guide
Who are the Nanoleaf Light panels for?
If you need to tune your room’s ambiance, the Nanoleaf panels are for you. There’s a few groups of people that can really benefit from this product:
- Pro gamers: your desktop rig and gaming accessories will probably already contain a good dose of LED lighting. The Nanoleaf panels can really tie your gaming setup together with their configurable color setups. It will make for one attractive Twitch stream backdrop
- Vloggers: the Nanoleaf makes for a great backdrop when shooting video inside your house. It’s a nice addition to the bright softbox lights on your face
- Teenagers: using the touch features and rhythm edition, the Nanoleaf panels become more than a simple, colored light. Create your own light games or make them change at every beat of your music
So far, I haven’t found a true, existing alternative for the Nanoleaf wall panels. One upcoming product is Lametric’s Sky, which is a smart led light made up out of small triangles. Lametric is well known for their Time smart clock and their new Sky panels look very promising.
One thing Lametric Sky has over the Nanoleaf panels is that you can connect it to their smart integrations which are also available on the Time clock. This way, you can make the light panels show the current time, your Instagram follower count and so on…
We’ll be sure to cover the Sky and do a comparison with the Nanoleaf panels once they’re officially available.
Where can I get the Nanoleaf Light Panels?
The Nanoleaf LED panels are available on Amazon via the links below. There’s a Canvas kit which is a recommended package to start out with. From there you can further experiment with additional panels to complete your setup.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
1 used from $209.99
- The Rhythm Edition Smarter Kit transforms your favorite songs into dancing symphonies of color and light. Create the perfect ambience in any space.
- Included Rhythm Upgrade Module has builtin sound sensors to automatically pick up on audio
- Connect up to 30 Light Panels on one Controller. Customize colors and animations with the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App or in the Home App. Also controllable with the manual Controller and voice control (Siri, OK Google or Amazon Alexa).